Wednesday, January 20, 2016

David Bowie

Unfortunately, this makes two tribute sketches in a row (and unfortunately both a little late as I've been busy). This one is for David Bowie, my favorite musician, who passed away last week. I can't remember the first time I heard his work, but I got big into his eighties work while in city college. After that, while going through Art Center, my late nights of homework were fueled by rock, and that's when I started to really appreciate his full discography. I was intrigued by his way of picking what he wanted from genres (or complete disregard) and creating something completely his own. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars quickly became my favorite album and a companion through those tough hauls. Many of the messages in his music resonated with me, such as the importance of being different and not letting oppressing views affect one's own. He'll always remain an inspiration as an artist and person.




No comments:

Post a Comment